Many of us have poor eating habits, and due to our hectic lifestyle we aren’t always aware of it. Unfortunately, it is very hard to outwork bad nutrition so you have to be mindful of what you are eating. Do you see yourself in the list below?
1. The Snack Grazer: You eat whatever food is within reach, and snack at least three times throughout the day. You can’t walk past a candy dish without dipping in. Your snacking is rarely done out of hunger.
- Chew gum throughout your day to avoid mindless munching.
- Keep tempting snack foods out of sight and out of mind.
- Never eat directly from a package. Portion out your snack into a dish.
- Don’t purchase tempting snack foods for future snacking. Keep a wide variety of fruits and vegetables on hand instead.
2. The Restaurant Indulger: You eat out at least three times a week and enjoy every minute of it. You love appetizers, large entrees and rich desserts. When you leave the table you are always stuffed.
- Ask your waiter to remove the bread basket from the table.
- Before you eat, ask your waiter to box half of your entrée to take home.
- Decide to either share an appetizer or a dessert, never have both.
- Skip the appetizer menu and instead start your meal with a side salad.
3. The Desktop (or Dashboard) Diner: You like to multi-task by eating at your desk or on the go. Your lightning-quick meals are grabbed on-the-go from fast food joints, vending machines and convenience stores. You don’t plan your meals ahead of time and end up eating whatever you can quickly find.
- Pack a healthy lunch and bring it with you.
- Stock your work area with healthy protein-filled snacks.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Turn off the computer or pull your car over while you eat.
By making these healthy changes when it comes to your food decisions you will put yourself back on course and moving in the direction of healthy weight loss.I suggest being on a consistent “food schedule,” eating what you are supposed to eat, when you are supposed to eat it. A great and convenient way to do this is by eating a meal replacement shake, or a snack bar. Phenomenal Fitness has partnered with USANA Health Sciences to bring you the Phenomenal Success Program.
By Participating in the Phenomenal Success Program, you will overhaul your previously poor eating habits and get on track towards fat loss success. This revolutionary system takes all the guess work out of eating, and makes it convienent when most of us simply dont have the time to plan all our meals.
Remember, while nutrition is vitally important for weight loss, true results are achieved through a combination of both nutrition and challenging, progressive exercise. If you have any other questions be sure to ask your trainer.
Galen is a trainer at phenomenal fitness, you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org