Sean Armstead is the co-owner of Phenomenal Fitness, a personal training gym located in the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago.
A former U.S. Marine Corps Captain, Sean has received several fitness-related awards and has over 15 years of personal training experience. His expertise is further evidenced by the numerous personal training, fitness, and nutrition certifications he holds, which include:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science-Gray Institute
- Fascial Stretch Therapist- Stretch to Win Institute
- Crossfit Level 1 Trainer
- Certified Personal Trainer -National Strength and Conditioning Association
- PTA Global Certified Personal Trainer( level I & II)
- Z-Health Essentials of elite performance certification
- IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist Level One
- Battling Ropes Coach Level One
- Certified Personal Trainer-National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach Level II -Chek Institute
- Chicago Golden Gloves 2013 Masters Heavy Weight Champion
- Russian Kettlebell Challenge Certification
- Certified Kettlebell Trainer -International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation
- Certified Coach – American Kettlebell Club
- Master Trainer – American Kettlebell Club
- IKSFA Sport Coach Certified Level 1
- SCW Mania 2010 Kettlebell Instructor (Philadelphia, San Francisco, Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Boston)
- 1st Place June 27, 2009, Georgia State Kettlebell Lifting Championship 90+ kilo (Biathlon)
- 1st Place World Kettlebell Lifting Championship August 29, 2009, Chicago, IL 90+ (Biathlon)
- 1st Place Toledo Kettlebell Midwest Open January 30, 2010 (Long Cycle)
- 2010 IDEA WORLD FITNESS CONVENTION Presenter- “Kettlebell Basic Training”
- 1st Place August 7, 2010, WKC Kettlebell Lifting Championship 90+ kg (Clean and Jerk
- 1st Place August 7, 2010, WKC Kettlebell Lifting Championship 90+ kg (Strong Sport LC 36kg)
- 1st Place September 25, 2010, IKFF National Kettlebell Lifting Championship 95kg (Clean and Jerk)
- 1st Place March 12, 2011, IKFF National Kettlebell Lifting Championship Clean and Jerk 95kg class
Additionally, Sean has completed extensive coursework in Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT).
He is a consistently sought-after speaker and guest lecturer on topics ranging from strength development and weight loss to overall health and fitness.
In his personal training practice, Sean passionately discovers effective training methods and develops innovative exercise techniques to help each client achieve the highest possible level of fitness while improving structural integrity. Sean’s holistic approach to fitness is attentive to the client’s mind, body, and spirit. He subscribes to the belief that all three must operate in harmony if true fitness is to be achieved.